Pre-Purchase Home Inspections & Building Inspections In Adelaide
Why a Building Inspector is a Sound Investment
When buying a property or your dream home, it comes down to being properly informed. You need to know and have peace of mind that your proposed real estate investment in Adelaide is sound.
A residential purchase is often a family’s single largest expenditure. It is crucial to be aware of the hidden defects that may be present in the property, the possible cause of the problems, and the urgency of repairs.
Some of the most common pre-purchase property defects which we see often are:
- Structural defects.
- Building pest presence
- The presence of salt damp/rising damp.
- Slab edge wetting in floor slabs.
- Maintenance defects.
- Shower leaks.
- Old wiring.
- Lack of stormwater management.
- Roof leaks.
- Extensions not approved by the council.
- Downpipes draining at the base of the walls.
- Settlement of walls and footings.
- Walls not vertically plumb.
Our Pre-Purchase Building Inspection Reports
Our pre-purchase building inspection service reports are easy to understand and will assist you to:
- Decide whether you wish to proceed with the purchase
- Be in a position of strength in your negotiations for the sale and plan for future maintenance and property costs.
Why Property Protect?
Property Protect has been conducting building inspections since 1995 and has a highly regarded reputation within the building and real estate industries.
Property Protect is an Adelaide Consulting business owned and operated by Damian Swart who has undergraduate and post-graduate qualifications in the building industry. Damian is a licensed general builder who has worked in the building industry for over 30 years and has a strong practical and theoretical background.
We are licensed general Builders. Most Building Inspectors in SA are not licensed general builders and do not have Building Degrees.
- We have a Building Technology Degree.
- Our inspection reports are generally over 30 pages long with high attention to detail and photos.
- We comply with Australian Standard AS 4349.
- We can do building inspections at short notice.
To potentially save yourself thousands of dollars, pre-purchase building and pest inspections are highly recommended.
Contact us today for more information about our commercial, construction and house inspections in Adelaide.