Many construction defects and cost blowouts are due to poor supervision during the building process. Property Protect has the real-world construction experience that you need to ensure a successful outcome for your project. With 25+ years’ experience, we are highly regarded in the building and construction industry in South Australia.
We offer full-service construction and renovation project management work. This covers the planning stage of the project including defect audits, quotes and drafting specifications, through to contract completion.
How Can We Help?
Property Protect offers full-service construction and renovation project management. This includes the project planning stage through to contract completion for residential and commercial building maintenance and failures. We can carry out the following services for facility and property construction managers.
- Carry out an audit of a building or construction site to identify any defects. The scope of work needs to be fully assessed. In some instances, this can involve destructive and or non-destructive testing.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors for a specific task in the project management plans.
- Draft a specification to repair a specific building defect. This would detail how the work would comply with the relevant Australian Standard. It would also include any warranties and how the work should be carried out with specific instructions for quality management.
- Place a budget cost against the defect for various repair methods. For example, it may be that the strata body only has a specific budget. In that case, some repair options may not be financially viable.
- Property Protect can cost specific repair options. Tenders will then likely be within budget and will proceed accordingly when builders tender for a specific job.
- Prepare documentation for a tender. Specifically, we can draw up specifications, contracts, prepare drawings, liaise with bidders and then evaluate tenders to recommend a specific contractor.
- Audit and inspect the quality of work in terms of compliance with contract documents and Australian Standards.
- Process payments to the contractor and/or subcontractors.
- Supervise and oversee works in terms of compliance with contract documents.
Click here for a quote
Advice to residential property owners on extensions and renovations
Many owners do not consider the commercial, design, and orientation factors of an extension. In many instances, they then overcapitalise, with the extension not adding value to the property. Property Protect can offer advice on the following.
- Optimum size, fixtures and fittings of extension.
- Best orientation of the additions.
- Giving advice to the client on what the optimum value of the extension should be.
- If the current house is suitable for an extension.ie It may be an older home that is unstable structurally.
- If the current house can be redesigned to maximise the area without carrying out an extension.
Building Project Managers In Adelaide
Owned and operated by Damian Swart. Damian has worked in the South Australian building industry for more than 30 years.
To learn more about how we can assist with construction projection management, complete the form below.