When buying a home or commercial building you need to rely on an expert who will give you independent sound advice. This information will allow you to make an informed decision and give you peace of mind before your purchase.
A Property Protect building inspection report will have you in a position of strength in your sale negotiations. The report will also allow you to plan for the cost of future repairs and maintenance.
With 25+ years’ experience in building inspections, we are highly regarded in the building and real estate industries in South Australia.
Property Protect’s building inspections in Adelaide and our detailed written reports are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards 4349.1. This is the recognised standard that sets out the requirements for building inspections and their associated reports performed by qualified inspectors.
Engaging A Property Inspection Company
A pre-purchase inspection must have a pre-engagement agreement that is accepted by the home purchaser prior to the inspection.
Our Pre-Purchase Building Inspection Reports
Property Protect’s comprehensive home and building inspection reports will report on the general condition of the property and include information about:
- The roof exterior
- The interior
- The exterior
- The roof void
The inspector will also identify any major or minor defects on the property. Maintenance issues and timber damage may also be commented on.
In compliance with AS 4349.1, our building inspectors will not actively search for:
- Non-wood decay fungi
- Invasive inspection techniques (cutting, removing objects)
- Any areas or sections of the property that are unsafe or unreasonable to access.
- Laboratory testing for asbestos.
- Testing of any electrical equipment, electrical circuits, electrical fittings or fixtures, electric appliances.
- Pressure testing any plumbing to identify any leaks in water supply pipes.
- Place a fibre optic cable into any stormwater or waste pipes in the house.
For a complete list of items that are not covered, please review Appendix D of the AS 4349.1 document.
Experienced Pre-Purchase Building Inspectors In Adelaide
Only a qualified professional has the expertise to identify and report on defects.
We are specialists with extensive training who are dedicated to providing you with the important property information that is easy to understand.
Before you purchase your dream home, you want to know as much as you possibly can about its condition!
We also use advanced property inspection software on-site to ensure that the final report is tailored to suit your needs.
Please examine our sample report to see the range of issues we will examine and provide to you. Or contact us today for more information on our pre-purchase building inspections, or our range of other property inspection services.View sample report
Did you know?
The three most common defects which we see on new residential building sites are;
- Paving placed up against walls covering the Damp Course which allows moisture to enter into the walls.
- Lack of plastic lining to the full edge height of the footing. This shortage of plastic can allow moisture and salts to enter into the floor slab.
- Rafters offset from the top of the wall frame studs. This means that roof loads are not distributed directly to the stud, and therefore the roof loads are not adequately transferred to the ground.